Core Legal is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Core Legal may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from May 2018.
What data we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact Information: Data about your name, email, address and other information you provide our website
- Website activity: Data about your browsing activity on the our website.
- Device and browser information: Technical information about the device or browser you use to access our website. For example, your device’s IP address, and (in the case of mobile devices) your device type and mobile device’s unique identifier such as the Apple IDFA or Android Advertising ID.
- Contact Information: If you choose to provide your name, email address or phone number
- Ad data – The online ads we have served (or attempted to serve) to you. It includes the number of times this has been served, the page the ad appeared on, and whether you clicked or not on the ad.
- Data from Advertising Partners – This is data that we receive from other digital advertising companies that we work with to help us deliver ads to you and recognize you across browsers and devices.
- IP addresses, cookie identifiers, website activity that our site will collect.
We use this data to help our Advertisers identify and serve ads to you that are more relevant to you. We also use this data to operate, improve and enhance our services including enhancing the data points we or our Advertising Partners have about a particular user, browser, or device, or to target, optimize, cap, or synchronize advertising.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- To customise, measure, and improve our website and services.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- To deliver targeted marketing to you.
- To contact you by email or phone about your account or our services including to market our services to you.
- So that third parties (that we specifically engage) may place cookies on your browsers for targeted advertising purposes.
- A description of the types of data (IP addresses, cookie identifiers, website activity) that your site will collect.
We may disclose information about you:
- With our service providers: Companies we contract with who help with parts of our business operations. We require that our service providers only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us.
- With your service providers: Companies under contract with, or acting on your behalf, who handle data (such as a customer lists) on your behalf.
- With our subsidiaries and related companies.
- In connection with legal proceedings: When we are under a legal obligation to do so, for example to comply with a binding order of a court, or where disclosure is necessary to exercise, establish or defend the legal rights of us or our Advertisers or any other third party.
- In connection with a sale of our business: If a third party acquires some or all of our business or assets, we may disclose your information in connection with the sale.
- We also share technical data that we collect about your browsing habits and your device (such as data relating to our cookies, tracking pixels and similar technologies) with other advertising companies in the digital advertising ecosystem. This enables them and us to better target ads to you.
Finally, we may disclose aggregated, anonymized information to third parties.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Cookies: How We Use Them
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Core Legal uses traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. By visiting Core Legal, third parties (that we authorise) may place cookies on users’ browsers for targeted advertising purposes.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you do not want to receive any targeted advertising from Core Legal, you can modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of our website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information and opting out
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at: email@example.com.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may opt out of targetted advertising by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will provide you with further instructions to impliment an opt out.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under applicable laws of New Zealand. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email us at: email@example.com
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect